Local WCU scholarship
APSCUF Undergraduate Scholarship Announcement — Spring 2017
The West Chester Chapter of Association of Pennsylvania State College & University Faculty and Coaches is pleased to sponsor two undergraduate student scholarships of $1000 each. The awards will be made on the basis of the student’s leadership on campus and academic achievement, with one of the scholarships going to a student who has an immediate family member who belongs to a recognized labor union.
Program Guidelines and Requirements:
- The applicant must be a student who has completed at least 30 credits at the time of application and has a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- All of the above-stated credits must have been earned at one of the fourteen state-owned universities (see http://www.apscuf.com/universities) and be a WCU undergraduate at time of application who will continue for at least the next academic year at WCU.
- Transcript(s) must accompany the application.
- An applicant-written essay must accompany the application, “How My Education and eadership Accomplishments Are Preparing Me For My Future Goals or Career.” The essay should address some area of student leadership or activity as a student here at West Chester and how this has prepared you for your career. Please include a statement as to why you are attending college and what you hope to achieve as a result of your education. The essay should be no more than 500 words, typed, and double-spaced.
- For the Labor Union scholarship, the essay should address the points outlined above, but also include a discussion of the role of unions in promoting American ideals and higher education. Please attach evidence of union membership (i.e. copy of membership card, letter from administrator, etc.).
- Letter of recommendation by a faculty member or coach full member in good standing of APSCUF.
Students may apply directly by emailing required materials to WCU APSCUF Office Manager Monika Mayer – MMAYER@wcupa.edu.
Faculty/Coaches may nominate students either by e-mail or letter of recommendation to the same address.
Applicants must complete the nomination form provided by APSCUF by April 10, 2017. Complete applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee and winners will be announced by the end of the semester.
Applying for (check one):
- General scholarship
- Labor Union scholarship
Student ID number: ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Cell Phone: ( ) ________________________ Alternate Phone: ( ) __________________
Number of credits completed:___________________ Grade Point Average:_________________
Please attach transcript(s) and a 500-word essay about your student accomplishments, including a statement as to why you are attending college and what you hope to achieve as a result of your education.
Please attach one (1) letter of recommendation by a Faculty/Coach full Member, in good standing, of APSCUF.
For the Labor Union Scholarship, please attach verification of union membership of family member (e.g., copy of union membership card, letter from union, etc.).
Please attach to Scholarship Application
_____ Completed Application Form
_____ Letter of Recommendation by a Faculty/Coach Member of APSCUF
_____ University transcript(s)
_____ Completed essay (500 words, double-spaced) on “How My Education and Leadership Accomplishments Are Preparing Me for My Future Goals or Career.”
_____ For Labor Union Scholarship: Family member union membership verification