Need forms or policies for university-wide committees? Look in the righthand column under CLARION DOCUMENTS and click onto "document center" for the link.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Welcome to the APSCUF-Clarion website, another tool to enable our members to participate and communicate. APSCUF, the voice of the faculty and coaches here at Clarion University, upholds the highest standards of teaching, scholarly inquiry, and service. We are an organization committed to promoting excellence in all we do to ensure our students receive the highest quality education.
If you are not yet a member, please join us in our efforts. APSCUF is the sole voice for protecting the rights of faculty and coaches. Be a member — and be an active and contributing member. Sign up and get involved today.
Ray Feroz, Chapter President
-ATTENTION CLARION UNIVERSITY STUDENTS-
CLARION APSCUF Fall 2017 Scholarships: Clarion APSCUF is now accepting applications for the Clarion APSCUF Fall 2017 Scholarships to be awarded to six Clarion University students currently enrolled for the spring semester at $500 each. Deadline for submission is Friday, March 24 at 12 p.m. in the Clarion APSCUF office located in the Rhea Building on the Clarion University campus. For more information and to download the application, click on the following link: APSCUF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
Clarion APSCUF Position Statement on the Workforce Plan
APSCUF is the union that represents faculty members at all 14 of the Pennsylvania State System Universities. Clarion University’s chapter of APSCUF wants the university to continue to be a leader in providing affordable, high quality education to our students. We believe that the Workforce Plan proposed by President Karen Whitney will compromise that high quality. Instead of cutting programs, we should be providing students with the quality liberal arts education they deserve and promoting the University's strengths. Therefore, we strongly oppose this plan.
Clarion University's mission to offer students “transformative, lifelong learning opportunities through innovative, nationally recognized programs delivered in inclusive, student-centered environments” can only be realized by the faculty. The unprecedented loss of faculty and programs would strike a blow to the very core of any university and will likely have long term consequences for Clarion University and the surrounding communities.
At first glance, it may appear only that 22 faculty are losing their jobs when in fact more is being lost than positions. Students will lose the expertise, mentoring, and professional leadership that faculty willingly provide. The elimination of support programs specifically designed to foster academic success will hurt struggling students. Cutting academic programs will diminish students' opportunities to develop into creative and productive members of society and will limit their career opportunities.
Clarion’s current and future students deserve to receive a high quality education. APSCUF faculty will fight to protect the University’s academic integrity and the livelihoods of those who provide a quality education. We pledge to fight to keep Clarion University a first-class institution of higher learning.
APSCUF LEADERSHIP OFFICERS
APSCUF-Clarion would like to thank our dedicated committee members for we couldn't make such an impact without your hard work!
- Clarion APSCUF Leadership, Officers and Committee Chairs
- Clarion APSCUF Leadership Committee Appointees
- Clarion Departmental Representative Council
- Clarion University-wide Contractual Committees
UPCOMING MEETINGS for SPRING 2017
- Tuesday, January 17 @ 2:00 pm - Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Friday, January 20 @ 2:00 pm - Meet & Discuss (Rhea)
- Tuesday, January 31 @ 3:30 pm - Executive Committee
- Friday, Feburary 3 @ 2:00 pm - Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, February 7 @ 3:30 pm - Departmental Representative Council
- February 9-11, 2017 - APSCUF Legislative Assembly (Wyndham, Gettysburg, PA)
- Tuesday, February 14 @ 3:30 pm - Executive Committee
- Friday, February 17 @ 2:00 pm - Meet & Discuss (114 Carrier)
- Tuesday, February 28 @ 3:30 pm - Executive Committee
- Wednesday, March 1 @ 8:00 am - Special Meet & Discuss Meeting (114 Carrier)
- Friday, March 3 @ 2:30 pm - Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, March 7 @ 3:30 pm - Departmental Representative Council
- Friday, March 10 @ 2:30 pm - Meet & Discuss (Carrier)
- Tuesday, March 21 @ 3:30 pm - Executive Committee/Membership Mtg - Ken Mash Campus Visit - 250/252 Gemmell
- Tuesday, March 28 @ 3:30 pm - General Membership Meeting (250/250 Gemmell) - 2017 SPRING ELECTION CANDIDATE FORUM
- Tuesday, April 4 @ 3:30 pm - Executive Committee
- Tuesday, April 11 @ 3:30 pm - Departmental Representative Council
- Tuesday, April 13 @ 3:30 pm - Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Friday, April 21 @ 2:00 pm - Meet & Discuss (Rhea)
- TUESDAY, APRIL 18 - 2016 SPRING ELECTIONS (9AM - 4 PM)
- Tuesday, April 18 @ 3:30 pm - Executive Committee
- Tuesday, May 2 @ 4 pm - Retirement Reception in Moore Hall
- Thursday, May 4 @ 3:30 pm - Executive Committee