CAP: The political voice of APSCUF
APSCUF's Committee for Action through Politics (APSCUF/CAP) is the political voice for APSCUF faculty and coaches. Since its inception in 1981, CAP has assisted faculty and coaches in making informed political decisions. CAP is a nonpartisan organization that supports candidates who will advocate for APSCUF's goals and priorities. To find out more about APSCUF/CAP, download the CAP brochure.
Visit APSCUF's members forum (login required) to view APSCUF/CAP's recommendations for the 2016 primary election.
Wondering why you should donate to CAP?
When you contribute to APSCUF/CAP, you become involved in the political process. Your CAP donations support candidates for state office who will advocate for public higher education and have strong records on labor, education, and budget issues.
Show your support
There are several ways to donate to CAP:
- Use your credit card and donate today through APSCUF’s PayPal account.
- Download and complete the Voluntary Payroll Deduction Form to authorize deductions from your paycheck. Once completed, drop the form off at your local chapter office.
- Make out your check to APSCUF/CAP and drop it off at your chapter office or mail to the following address:
319 N. Front St.
Harrisburg, PA 17101
APSCUF/CAP members have the opportunity to:
- Attend fundraising events
- Build relationships with policymakers
- Make important endorsement decisions
- Assist candidates who support APSCUF goals
- Participate in golf outings to support candidates.
Tally sheets for local chapters
If any local chapter is planning a CAP fundraising drive, ASPCUF has made the process easier for you. Click here to download a "tally sheet" to use to track down CAP contributions.
Want to know more about CAP, or have a question that wasn't answered? Call APSCUF's director of government relations at 800-932-0587, ext. 3014.